Friday, October 2, 2015

Welcome!



Welcome to a new blog where we will delve into a wide range of topics such as books, sports, religion, politics, burgers, education, movies, music, and whatever else comes down the line.  The topics selected will be done so to give insight, elicit conversation, and to make one think about something a little differently than maybe they have in the past.  The name of this blog comes from a great movie, Cool Hand Luke, that I would have never watched if not for two things: A Guns and Roses song called "Civil War" and my  father, who knows much and is always espousing the virtures of "the classics" in many things.  I love the quote and frankly, love the movie as well.  If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor, and watch it soon.  The quote though, "what we have here is, a failure to communicate" is one that I have recited many times walking down the hallways of the school I once taught at, Huntingdon Valley Christian Academy.  When I spoke those words, it was because someone; a student, a teacher, a parent, etc. failed to communicate something that was of importance, that would have made life just a little better, a little more enjoyable, if you will.  That is what I want this blog to do; explore things that makes life just a little better, a little more enjoyable because you have partaken in it.

Discussion and dialogue on this blog will be kept respectful at all times.  I reserve the right to delete any comments or users who may not be upholding the standard that is being set; treat others with the same respect and dignity as you would want them to treat you with.

Without further adieu, let's begin.  I look forward to a good time and a stretching of my thinking, and I hope yours is stretched as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment